Sydney is home to more than 225,780 individuals. It is the most popular city in Australia and is one of the major tourist destinations in Oceania. Moreover, the city houses some of the finest architectural buildings in Australia.
So, home care packages are a great way to help you or your loved ones get the assistance that they need. Typically, home care packages in Sydney can be used by people with a mental illness, physical disability, chronic disease or who are frail and need assistance with daily activities like bathing and dressing.
People Who Have a Mental Illness and Need Assistance
Home care packages can benefit people with a mental illness who need help cleaning, shopping or cooking. Your caregiver will also assist with personal hygiene and dressing/bathing.
People Who Have a Physical Disability and Require Assistance
If you have limited mobility or use a wheelchair, you may need help bathing, dressing and getting in and out of bed. And if you cannot walk independently at all, then home care is likely to benefit you. So, a home care nurse can help with the following tasks:
- Bathing/Grooming – This includes assisting people in washing their hair (whether they can do it themselves or not), as well as washing their face and applying moisturiser where necessary;
- Dressing – Getting dressed can often be difficult for people with disabilities; if they cannot reach buttons on their own, then they will need help doing this. As such, they may also need assistance putting shoes on if that is also difficult for them.
- Getting In and Out of Bed – Someone who cannot move around very quickly may find it challenging to get in or out of bed without assistance. So, assisting them will mean that they do not get stuck in an awkward position which could cause injury or discomfort.
The best way for a person with limited mobility to find out what kind of assistance would best suit their needs is by speaking directly with those providing health services locally (for example, their GP).
People Who Have a Chronic Disease and Need Assistance
You might need routine aid if you have any of the following:
- If you have a chronic illness, such as diabetes, heart disease or arthritis.
- If you’re recovering from surgery.
- If you are unable to drive and need help with transportation.
- For people who are homebound because of their age or disability.
Older Australians Who Are Frail and Need Assistance
If you have an elderly loved one who is frail and needs assistance with daily activities, a home care package in Sydney may be a good option for them.
What Does ‘Frail’ Mean?
A frail elder is an individual who is diagnosed with a condition that affects their ability to perform everyday tasks. The signs of being frail vary from person to person, but there are some common ones:
- Difficulty walking or moving around quickly because of pain or discomfort.
- Feeling dizzy when standing up or sitting down (orthostatic hypotension).
- They have trouble getting out of bed in the morning as they feel too weak or tired after sleeping (low energy levels).
These Packages Are Readily Available
You can benefit from a home care package if you’re looking for a way to get help around your home. These packages provide access to services that make it easier for you to stay in your own home as long as possible.
Home care packages can be used by people who need assistance with daily living activities such as bathing or dressing or require more complex medical needs such as wound management or medication management. As such, the choice of services is based on the assessment of your needs by the service provider, so they must assess these correctly before providing any services.
You can choose whether you want a part-time or full-time package with options ranging from two hours per week to 48 hours per week, depending on what suits your circumstances best (i.e., if you are working full-time but still need assistance with daily tasks). The cost of these packages varies according to where you live and how many hours per week they cover — somewhere between $10-$20 per hour would be an average range. So, make sure that this fits your financial requirements before deciding which level suits your circumstances.